Our newest hut, The Suffolk, is now available for you lucky, lucky people to stay in! Available from March 2022 our new hut provides you with dog friendly holiday accommodation near both Snowdonia and the beautiful North Wales Coast. The Suffolk offers you even more choice of luxury (and yet dog friendly) accommodation. With a spacious open feel, with a railway theme and feature double doors. She has a large bed and wet-room, providing you, your loved one and your dogs with all the comforts of home, plus fantastic views and plenty of secure enclosed outside space to enjoy as the Suffolk is situated in its own paddock.
The Shire Hut’s distinctive railway carriage feel large bed and wet-room provide you, your loved one and your dogs with all the comforts of home, plus fantastic views and plenty of outside space to enjoy.
Shepherd’s Hut accommodation with luxury and comfort!
This is our third hut and is named after another favourite things – the Suffolk Punch!
When we designed ‘the Suffolk’ we wanted to squeeze as much ‘wow’ and ‘OMG’ into it as we could, in fact we got so much inside we applied the same approach to the outside – resulting in a quirky outside living space with a feature fireplace, with the internal style being based on an old time railway waiting room. The Suffolk shepherds hut provides warmth, comfort and single level (great if you have dodgy knees like me), dog friendly accommodation with a superb relaxing view and location! It offers a level of style and comfort which set it apart from the rest (apart from our other huts that is!), and you’re going to love it!
As with our other huts the Suffolk is situated in its own fenced off area for you and your dogs to enjoy and run free.
Accessed is via a re-enforced road, which is suitable to drive on in all weathers, next door to the owners smallholding comprising of working horses, pygmy goats, rare breed sheep, ducks, chickens and geese all of which you are free to pet.
In common with our other three huts the Suffolk Shepherds hut boasts fantastic views in wonderful countryside, less than 4 miles from the city of St Asaph in North Wales, the smallest city in the UK.
This tranquil setting is ideal for a couple looking for a romantic break away or a couple of friends or family members to enjoy a get together .
Inside you’ll find;
- Two comfy arm chairs sit in front of the large feature doors with floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing you to sit back, relax and look a the views, read, paint or perhaps just stare out of the windows at the birds and sky and contemplate on how lucky you are to have found such a wonderful spot to holiday at! The living area also offers a powerful electric radiator should you need extra warmth on chilly nights.
- A large (and long) bed is one of the special features, there is no need to mess around dismantling seating area and making up your bed for the evening. This is just the sort of bed you want to be in. Just the thing for those long lie-ins or lounging on in the day!
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas cooker, grill and 3 ring hob, a small fridge-freezer and Belfast sink.
- A wall-mounted TV and DVD player.
- At the other end of the hut though the door you’ll find a walk-in wet-room with a large headed shower with plenty of water pressure – perfect for unwinding after a long but excellent day out exploring North Wales’ mountains, beaches or coffee shops!
The Suffolk Hut is situated in its own self-contained paddock, allowing you to let your dog explore and enjoy the freedom of his/her own field!
We’ve also provided you with a Welsh slate ‘patio’ adjacent to the hut complete and vintage seating. We’ve also provided an outside woodburner stove/BBQ to either keep you warm, fed or just generally happily mesmerised by the dancing flames!
Approx. 100 feet from the hut is the owner’s horse paddock where heavy horses can be seen at rest & play.
There are many walks from the doorstep with river walks not far away where you may see kingfishers, sparrowhawks and buzzards. A wide variety of bird life will visit the hut’s bird feeding station, with the woodpeckers visiting most days! Fishing is also available locally, either on local rivers or sea locations. A few stillwater trout venues are also within around half an hour of The Shepherds Hideaway. The excellent Foxons tackle shop in St Asaph is about 5 minutes away and can provide advice and supplies for all such matters.
Included in the cost of your accommodation you will find we provide;
- Fresh clean towels (2 bath, 2 hand, two face towels) & soap. Should you require additional towels of long stays these will also be provided and no additional charge.
- Complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and fresh milk
- Washing up liquid, tea towels and paper towels
- No spill water bowls for your four legged friend!
- All bedding is provided
- Additional pillows and bedding can be provided if required
A warm welcome awaits you…
When you arrive we’ll also provide a welcome pack and throughout your stay we provide you with all the wood-fuel you need.
We’re confident you’ll find the Suffolk Hut is the Shepherds Hut you imagined when you started to think about a holiday with a difference!
We’re very busy and receiving bookings all the time – so book now to avoid dissappointment!
To help you view The Suffolk we’ve popped a little video together for you viewing pleasure!
You might also like to take a moment to view one of our other huts here at the Shepherds Hideaway, each of which has it’s own unique style and set of features.