Our beautiful Clydes hut offers you luxury accommodation and includes a double ended bath with fantastic views.
Shepherd’s Hut accommodation with luxury and comfort!
This was our second hut, we now have three to let, and is named after another favourite working horse – the Clydesdale!
When we designed ‘the Clydes’ we spared no expense, and had a hut built that is designed to ‘wow’ and provide warmth, comfort and a whole hutfull of loveliness! This is one of the largest shepherds huts you will come across and was hand built for us. It offers a level of style and comfort which set it apart from the rest, and you’re going to love it!
This charming shepherds hut is situated in its own fenced off area within a one acre park along with one other hut, ‘The Shire hut’ it provides a large area for you and your dogs to enjoy and run free.
Accessed is via a re-enforced road, which is suitable to drive on in all weathers, next door to the owners smallholding comprising of working horses, pygmy goats, rare breed sheep, ducks, chickens and geese all of which you are free to pet.
This lovely hut boasts fantastic views in wonderful countryside, less than 4 miles from the town of St Asaph in North Wales, the smallest city in the UK.
This tranquil setting is ideal for a couple looking for a romantic break away or a couple of friends or family members to enjoy a get together .
There are 3 steps that takes you inside to an open plan lounge area, where the characterful features welcome you on arrival.
Inside you’ll find;
- Two comfy leather arm chairs sit in front of a small wood burning stove which provides a warm a cosy cottage atmosphere and all fuel is provided. The living area also offers an electric radiator.
- A beautiful Victorian cast iron bed is one of the special features, there is no need to mess around dismantling seating area and making up your bed for the evening, it’s a beautiful piece of Victorian history offering a snug, comfortable, romantic bed for the evening, for those long lie-ins or lounging on in the day!
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas cooker, grill and 3 ring hob, a small fridge and Belfast sink.
- A wall-mounted TV and DVD player, together with a range of DVD’s are also provided.
- At the other end of the hut though the oak door you’ll find a bathroom that offers a touch of luxury; with a doubled end slipper bath, heated towel rail and low window to enjoy the views from whilst bathing. The bathroom is sure to make you go ‘Wow!’.
The Clydesdale Hut is situated in its own self-contained paddock, allowing you to let your dog explore and enjoy the freedom of his/her own field!
We’ve also provided you with a decked area adjacent to the hut, complete with table, chairs and recliners. We’ve also provided an outside woodburner stove/BBQ to either keep you warm, fed or just generally happily mesmerised by the dancing flames!
Approx. 50 foot from the hut is the owner’s horse paddock where heavy horses can be seen at rest & play.
The park comprises of two fenced off paddocks which houses the parks rare breed sheep and offers livery for guest wishing to bring their horses on holiday with them and a newly planted orchard sits in the centre.
There are many walks from the doorstep with river walks not far away where you may see kingfishers, sparrowhawks and buzzards. A wide variety of bird life will visit the hut’s bird feeding station, with the woodpeckers visiting most days!
Included in the cost of your accommodation you will find we provide;
- Fresh clean towels (2 bath, 2 hand, two face towels) & soap. Should you require additional towels of long stays these will also be provided and no additional charge.
- Complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and fresh milk
- Washing up liquid, tea towels and paper towels
- No spill water bowls for your four legged friend!
- All bedding is provided
- Additional pillows and bedding can be provided if required
A warm welcome awaits you…
When you arrive we’ll also provide a welcome pack and throughout your stay we provide you with all the wood-fuel you need.
We’re confident you’ll find the Clydesdale Hut is the Shepherds Hut you imagined when you started to think about a holiday with a difference!
We’re very busy and receiving bookings all the time – so book now to avoid dissappointment!