Shepherd’s Hut accommodation with luxury and comfort!
Named after the Shire horse! This, our first hut, is one of the largest shepherds huts you will come across and was hand built for us by Elwy Shepherds Huts based in the Conwy Valley. It offers a level of style and comfort which set it apart.
Inside you’ll find;
- A beautiful Victorian cast iron bed is one of the special features, there is no need to mess around dismantling seating area and making up your bed for the evening, it’s a beautiful piece of Victorian history offering a snug, comfortable, romantic bed for the evening, for those long lie-ins or lounging on in the day!
- The Wet Room is spacious 8 x 4.6 ft in size with a shower featuring both a fixed rose head and a separate hand held shower head, a vintage style flush toilet and sink.
- The Kitchen is fully equipped with a gas cooker, grill and 3 ring hob, a small fridge and Belfast sink.
- The hut is heated by means of both a romantic wood-burning stove, which has been recessed into the wall of the hut to maximise floor space, and electric radiators in the main living area and wet room.
- A wall-mounted TV and DVD player.
Included in the cost of your accommodation you will find we provide;
- Bathmat and toilet paper. Towels are no longer provided.
- Washing up liquid and tea towels
- A range of cutlery, pots, pans and cooking utensils.
- All bedding is provided
- Additional pillows and bedding can be provided if required
The Shire Hut is now situated in its own self-contained paddock, allowing you to let your dog explore and enjoy the freedom of his/her own area!
We’ve also provided you with a picnic bench and solid wooden rocking chairs. We’ve also provided an outside woodburner stove/BBQ to either keep you warm, fed or just generally happily mesmerised by the dancing flames!
Aerial photos of the park
Take a look at the Shepherd’s Hideaway from the air! Our aerial photos page is designed to give you a birdseye view of the park layout and each of our huts, showing their location and the secure paddocks that enclose each one. On that page you can also see the additional areas we provide for both doggies and humans to enjoy!
Our first hut, the ‘Shire Hut’, was designed to provide luxury hut accommodation for all.
The ‘Shire Hut’, as with all of our huts, is accessed via a grassed, but reinforced, road way which allows you to drive your car, or wheelchair, into the field and park alongside your hut. This means you don’t need to worry about getting stuck on those wet days, or when carrying luggage or shopping through the meadow.
Designed with you in mind…
Entry to the ‘Shire Hut’ is gained either by 3 steps with hand rails, or via the access ramp. Inside the ‘Shire Hut’ we’ve provided hand rails in the Wet Room, just in case you require a little assistance. We can also, on request, provide you with a seat for use in the shower area.