Our first hut, the ‘Shire Hut’, was designed to provide luxury hut accommodation for all and is disabled friendly both inside and out.
Disabled friendly means easy access…
The ‘Shire Hut’, as with all of our huts, is accessed via a grassed, but reinforced, road way which allows you to drive your car, or wheelchair, into the field and park alongside your hut. This means you don’t need to worry about getting stuck on those wet days, or when carrying luggage or shopping through the meadow.
Designed with you in mind…
Entry to the ‘Shire Hut’ is gained either by 3 steps with hand rails, or via the access ramp. Inside the ‘Shire Hut’ we’ve provided hand rails in the Wet Room, just in case you require a little assistance. We can also, on request, provide you with a seat for use in the shower area.
Inside you’ll find;
- A beautiful Victorian cast iron bed is one of the special features, there is no need to mess around dismantling seating area and making up your bed for the evening, it’s a beautiful piece of Victorian history offering a snug, comfortable, romantic bed for the evening, for those long lie-ins or lounging on in the day!
- The Wet Room is spacious 8 x 4.6 ft in size with a shower featuring both a fixed rose head and a separate hand held shower head, a vintage style flush toilet and sink.
- The Kitchen is fully equipped with a gas cooker, grill and 3 ring hob, a small fridge and Belfast sink.
- The hut is heated by means of both a romantic wood-burning stove, which has been recessed into the wall of the hut to maximise floor space, and electric radiators in the main living area and wet room.
- A wall-mounted TV and DVD player, together with a range of DVD’s are also provided.